Skip to ContentSkip to Footer

Commercial property insurance for your industry

  • Manufacturing & Wholesale

  • Construction & Contractors

  • Transport & Logistics

  • Business & Professional

  • Realty

  • Restaurants

  • Retail

Things we can cover

  • Buildings
  • Business income
  • Cargo
  • Contents and equipment
  • Privacy breach expenses
  • Crime
  • Stock
  • Electrical and mechanical breakdown of equipment
  • Employee fraud, and more…

Talk to a broker to learn more

Keeping you safe and sound

Protecting your business is our business — before and after a claim.

Our in-house team of risk consultants are thermography experts and can help you identify hazards and avoid accidents and losses before they happen.

Included in our complimentary loss-prevention program:

  • On-site risk analysis of heating and electrical systems, fire protection systems, flammable or combustible liquids, and exposure to crime
  • Training seminars, prevention tools, and tip sheets
  • Analysis of claims and accident trends

Learn more about our thermography service: Watch Video

Why choose Economical?

Your satisfaction is our top priority, and it’s guaranteed. With a specialized team of more than 600 claims professionals on your side, you’re sure to get the service you deserve — 24 hours a day.

Learn about our service guarantee



We consider several factors when determining your commercial property insurance premiums, including:

  • The nature of your business (what you do or sell)
  • The location of your business
  • Information about the building your business runs out of (e.g., age, structure, etc.)

A deductible is the amount that you agree to pay (out of pocket) for claims-related expenses before your insurance company pays for the remaining costs.

Let’s say there’s damage to your property and the total approved cost to repair those damages is $5,000. If you chose a $500 deductible when you purchased your policy, you would need to pay for the first $500 worth of expenses, and Economical would cover the remaining $4,500.

Tip: Choosing a higher deductible will lower your insurance premium. Just be prepared to pay for any costs up to that deductible amount when you need to make a claim.

Even if you don’t own the building, commercial property insurance can still provide protection for your business equipment, stock, and contents. Your broker can help you understand your commercial insurance options, so you can choose the coverage that’s just right for your needs.

Earthquake coverage is available for purchase in many parts of the country. Premiums for this type of coverage are based on how close your business is to active earthquake locations, the type of building materials your commercial building is made of, the type of business you own, and other related factors.

We recommend reviewing your policy at least once a year, but there are certain times when you’ll need to contact your broker to officially update it:

  • When your address has changed
  • Any time you buy another property for your business
  • If you’ve changed or added operations to your business