Navigating a new normal
As federal and provincial governments announce phased reopening plans for businesses and social gatherings, we want to assure you that we're continuing to take a cautious, thoughtful approach to supporting our customers, brokers, and employees.
As the pandemic continues to affect our daily lives, we have updated our relief measures to provide ongoing support for our customers who are facing financial hardship. Since phased re-openings, states of emergency, and customer needs vary from province to province, our approach is being implemented in a regional capacity.
Please read the information below and speak to your broker if you have any questions about how these measures apply to your policy.
- Flexible payment options — including payment deferrals, waived NSF fees, as well as adjustments to payment frequency and methods — will continue to be offered on a case-by-case basis beyond June 30, 2020
- Customers taking their car off the road completely could save up to 75% on their annual premium
- If you are driving less, contact your broker to see if you have the potential for savings based on your reduced usage
For business customers:
- We've made appropriate changes to our rating approach for commercial insurance customers, acknowledging the challenging circumstances many businesses face today
- We're working with our broker partners to adjust premiums for small and mid-sized businesses that have been directly impacted by COVID-19 and are experiencing temporary closures and significant decreases in revenues, and changes in operations
- We will also provide flexible underwriting solutions for businesses that have made changes to, or retooled, their operations to adapt, and to support the needs of the current crisis
Need to Start a Claim?
If you need to start a home, vehicle, or business claim, our team is here to support you as usual. You can call: 1-800-607-2424 across Canada, and 1-888-875-8088 in Quebec.
Committed to the Community
We've increased our support for community organizations. We'll have more to share in the coming weeks about how our employees and brokers are rallying together by nominating charities in their communities that have the greatest need for us to donate to as a team. You can find details about this in our recent news release.
Staying Strong Together
We're continuing to monitor the situation closely to make sure we're being responsive and supportive to our customers and the brokers who service your insurance needs. We'll update this page as new information is available to share.
Stay safe. We're all in this together.